Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Friends-The Solid Gold Shit

In this God’s World it is hard to find a person who doesn’t have a friend. There is a say, “Doesn’t matter how much a person is bad but still has a friend”. As I see the world, it is really difficult to live life without a Good friend. I have capitalized the word ‘G’ to ensure that the term Good takes you guyz where I want you to take. You can be surrounded with lots of smiley faces, courageous voices, and supporting hands but it does not mean that a supporting hand is always of your friend. Unfortunately, we forget the reality that a person who takes you out from the shit is not always your friend.

In my thought, Friendship is a relation that is above from expectation, desire, and material. A friend is a person who grins when you fell down, supports you to stand up, and says filthy words, “Please don’t expect that I will be supporting you next time.” And every next time your friend is there to help you without any wrinkles on his forehead and saying the same filthy words. A friend is a person who understands you when you don’t speak, who acts according to your face expressions, and help you realize the right and wrong.

I am desperate to share my feelings that I do have for my Good friends, and here the story begins of three musketeers….

We were three-Santosh, Sarvesh, and I (Rizwan). Santosh was Santy, I was Riz, and it was bit difficult to shorten the name Sarvesh, so we used to call him 'Chaudhary' saab that was his title. You know, nothing was common among us except thoughts and Love for Tea. I was hasty and short tempered, Santy was smart and patient, and Chaudhary saab was on top of us. Chaudhary saab was one of the most stagnate species among us. He was calm, cool, and 'so called' smart. It was solely his words that he was very smart and think smartly, though it could be a topic of a long debate. Anyways, we were flying in the Blue sky...but sky was not the limit for us.

Santy was my classmate and Sarvesh was Santy's best friend. Though Santy was my classmate, we came closer when we worked together in G-cube. And I met with Sarvesh through Santy but before meeting to Sarvesh I had heard a lot about him. Santy talked about Sarvesh as much that I was able to draw a sketch in my mind; and you wonder when I met Sarvesh he was exactly same as was in my thoughts. You should appreciate my imagination or the way Santy expressed the things.

We were hardworking, sincere towards our job, and knew how to live life king size with almost no budget. Sometimes our so-called 'royal blood ' pushed to do some out of the budget things but our conscious mind helped us not doing the same. Our thinking style was same, so we always preferred similar activities and things. This was the only reason; we enjoyed everything that we did. Our choices were same for food, songs, movies, places to visit, and on top of everything- Suitable Bride. We had similar choices and thoughts because we were from similar family background, where kids have never had Dosa as this was the high profile food and only for rich people, ice-cream worth more than 1 rupee was the luxury, and the taste of any eatable was defined by its price tag. Kids were supposed to be responsible from the very first day of their first school, couldn’t be stubborn, and should give respect to everyone. Santy and Chaudhary saab were following the guidelines properly but with time I stopped paying respect to everyone. My thought was, we have limited account for everything same as for respect. If I give respect to everyone then how would I be able to pay full attention to my closed ones...but it was just a thought and I was not bad either.....

If I do explain the cohesiveness of our friendship, then I need to take a Cake to explain our friendship. Santy was the base, I was the cream, and Chaudhary saab was the red cherry glittering at the top.

I could never forget our non-ending discussions at Bike stand with tea. I want to share one incident; one fine day Santy and I went to a teashop and ordered two cups of tea. That teashop had enough space to accommodate at least 15-18 people inside. We sit inside and started talking. In between we were ordering the tea. When our discussion came to an end, we stood to leave the place, and finally went to pay the bill at the counter. Santy gave 50 Rs note to guy, and the guy asked very casually, Chai kitni hai. Santy said, “das (ten)”. The guy got stunned and asked with widen eyes, “Baaki log kahaan hain”. Santy said, “ we both were sitting here for last couple of hours and had that much of tea.” The last words from chai wala were, “Aate rahiyega”.

I am still not able to understand the peculiar incidents that continuously happened with chaudhary saab, were something related to planets and their peculiar positions or due to something else.

One day V3 went to watch a movie, and were having tea at the front of Spice mall Noida, and Chaudhary saab started making a call. Suddenly an stranger came to Chaudhary saab and asked, “Bhaisaab aap mujhay call kar rahay hain kya.” Then he said, “No, talking with someone else.” Santy and I were rolling on the ground.

Readers would think what so funny about it, but here you go for another instance. V3 went to Ajmer, and this was our first trip to Ajmer. We were roaming around the city, and it was 2 pm when we reached at Ana Sagar. Santy started getting water and eatables; I started clicking pigeons and lake, and Sarvesh babu was as usual on phone. Suddenly we heard a voice, “ Oye idhar aa, Idhar aa oye wahaan kyun khada hai” and the man who was shouting was pointing to Chaudhary saab. That man was looking like a low level political worker and standing there in a small political roadside meeting. I asked the man, “what happened bhaisaab.” The man replied with keeping his fingers pointed to chaudhary saab, “ ye rathore ka aadmi hai na?” Chaudhary saab was yelling, “ nahin sir, mein to dilli mein rahta hoon, mein to yahaan pehli baar aaya hoon, mein to kisi rathore ko janta tak nahin…” and again Santy and I were rolling on the ground…. Since then chaudhary saab turned to Rathore saab. Also, now on I will address Sarvesh babu as Rathore saab….


Every moment that we had spent in our bachelorhood was itself a whole life. We enjoyed as much we could and are enjoying as much we can. Now, Santy and Rathore saab living happy married life, and I am still happy.

I don’t want put any conclusion of this writing as conclusion is written when anything meets to an end. This story is endless and will be continued for ever……

3 comments:

  1. wah wah wakph wakph.......
    too good to resist.
    keep on MR. SHAH RIZWAN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You won my heart...The way you have defined the friendship is awesome.

    I liked the following lines most "we were from similar family background, where kids have never had Dosa as this was the high profile food and only for rich people, ice-cream worth more than 1 rupee was the luxury, and the taste of any eatable was defined by its price tag."

    ReplyDelete